Spring is upon us and the showers are here–which means the blooms are coming. What is the best way to spend a warm, wet Spring day? For me, it’s spending time with a great book and good food (oh, and don’t forget the people I like and love). Even better than just any book is a book about love! If you are interested in a great read I wholeheartedly recommend The Nymph’s Labyrinth the first book in the Nymph Series. The second book Montana Mustangs will be released May 6th, but is available for pre-order now! These books have been well received by critics and have been featured in USA Today! I would love to have your support in reading my books. You keep me writing
Okay, as for the food…. (Mmmmm…) One of my favorite recipes this time of year is a
Chocolate Strawberry Torte:
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups water
- STRAWBERRY FILLING:
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool. Transfer to a large bowl; beating sugar until blended. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture alternately with water beating well after each addition.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 28-33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- In a large bowl, combine filling ingredients; set aside. For glaze, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in confectioners’ sugar, water and vanilla until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread with half of the whipped topping; drizzle with half of the glaze. Top with half of the filling. Repeat layers. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Recipe thanks to Taste of Home.
NOW THE BEST PART!! To take part in my Giveaway (for a $20 Amazon Gift Card and Book Swag) please take part in the Rafflecopter below!
a Rafflecopter giveaway